These Booking Terms & Conditions, together with any other information brought to your attention including our Important Travel Information document when you booked, forms the basis of your contract with Elite Travel Destinations (a company incorporated in England and Wales, with registered number 10882667.and registered office at 19 Narrowboat Avenue ), hereafter, in these Booking Terms & Conditions, called "Elite Travel ", “we” or “us”. Please read them carefully as they set out our respective rights and obligations and all bookings are accepted by Elite Travel subject to these Booking Terms & Conditions. In these Booking Terms & Conditions references to "you" and "your" include the lead-named person on the confirmation invoice (who must be at least 18 years old at the time of booking, however in some countries such as the USA, the lead-named person must be at least 21 at the time of booking) and all persons on whose behalf a booking is made. All passenger names on the travel documentation must be the same as per their passport details.
Elite Travel Ltd acts as booking agent on behalf of all suppliers and your contract will be directly with those accommodation and transfer suppliers. Please note your booking is also subject to the terms and conditions outlined by your respective chosen suppliers which are available on request.
1. Financial Protection: Elite Travel Destinations Trust Fund, which is independently administered by the The Travel Trust Association(TTA), guarantees a 100% financial protection so that in the event that one of our approved suppliers fails, or if Elite Travel Ltd fails, and you do not receive what you have paid for, you are guaranteed to get your money back.
2. Pricing and Accuracy: We endeavour to ensure that all the information and prices that we give to you are accurate, however occasionally minor errors occur and we reserve the right to correct prices in such circumstances. The price quoted to you at the time of booking and the price subsequently confirmed in writing on your confirmation invoice is based on negotiated contract rates with our suppliers. We have no control or jurisdiction over prices charged locally for the same or similar service whether it be for the accommodation, transfer or other service and we will accept no responsibility or liability for differing prices. We do not accept responsibility for tourist taxes, resort fees or similar payable in resort. These additional costs are not included in your invoiced price (unless they are itemised on your paperwork) and must be paid for by you and are subject to change at any time. We reserve the right to impose surcharges to cover increases in or caused by, but not limited to, the following: government action, currency exchange rates, transportation costs or local taxes. In all cases we will absorb an amount equivalent to up to 2% of the invoice price (excluding insurance premiums and amendment charges). Only amounts in excess of 2% will be passed to you and should this figure exceed 10% of the invoice price (excluding insurance premiums and amendment charges) you will be entitled to cancel the booking and receive a full refund of all monies paid (excluding insurance premiums and amendment charges). If you choose to cancel in these circumstances, you must do so within 14 days of the issue date on the surcharge invoice. We will not impose any surcharge within 14 days of departure.
3. Booking and Payment : Prices are quoted in full at the time of the booking. If you book more than 12 weeks before departure, a deposit of 20% per component is required at the time of booking. You must pay the balance at least twelve weeks before your departure. If you book within 12 weeks of your date of departure, you must pay the full price at the time of booking. If you fail to pay any remaining amount owed by the balance date due, we are entitled to cancel your booking and the cancellation charges set out in clause 11 below will apply. For peak dates (such as Christmas and New Year) and during trade fairs and exhibitions and special events, special payment conditions may apply which may supersede all or part of these conditions. For instance full payment may be required at the time of booking and 100% cancellation charges may apply (for those dates falling within the trade fair, exhibition or special event). Any amendments to confirmed reservations may also be treated as cancellations; you will be advised at the time of booking whether special conditions apply.
4. Your Contract : After we have received your deposit or full payment and issued a confirmation invoice, a binding contract between you and the supplier comes into existence effective from the date printed on the invoice. The accommodation and/or transfer supplier is then responsible for providing you with the service you have booked. The supplier information along with relevant instructions and contact details are provided within your travel documentation
5. Our Responsibility to You : As we are acting only as a booking agent we have no liability for any of the accommodation or transfer arrangements and in particular no liability for any illness, personal injury, death or loss of any kind, unless caused by our negligence. Any claim for damages for injury, illness or death, arising from your stay in the accommodation or from your transfer, must be brought directly against the supplier and will be under the jurisdiction of the law of the country in which the accommodation or transfer company is based. For transfer bookings, it is your responsibility to be aware of the conditions of the service on arrival in resort and where applicable to re-confirm your booking usually at least 48hours before departure. Failure to do so may result in the service not being provided and we will not be liable for additional costs or any losses you suffer (including for example missed flights) due to your failure to follow the instructions or to allow sufficient time for your transfer journey. Reconfirmation, joining and pick-up instructions will be clearly detailed on your transfer voucher.
6. Important Notice in Respect of Limits on Liability :As a booking agent, we have no liability to you for any dissatisfaction, loss of enjoyment, loss, injury or damage which results from your use of the accommodation or transfer unless we have negligently failed to select a normally competent provider.
7. Changes and/or Cancellation by Us: It is unlikely that we will have to make changes to your booking arrangements but occasionally, as we make the arrangements for your booking many months ahead, our suppliers may have to make alterations both before and after bookings have been confirmed and/or cancel confirmed bookings. Whilst we always endeavour to avoid changes and cancellations, we reserve the right to do so at any time. In the event that we are notified by the accommodation and/or transfer supplier that they cannot fulfil the booking, we will contact you as soon as possible. Dependent on the individual supplier terms & conditions, you may be offered the option of alternative arrangements or full cancellation. If you have a transfer reservation that needs to be altered due to a change to your accommodation, we will endeavour to arrange this for you providing at least 24 hours notice can be given and the transfer supplier is able to confirm availability. Any differences in cost will be your responsibility to cover, however full consideration will be given to the circumstances of the change before any additional charges are made. Please note that Elite Travel Destinations Ltd is not liable for any additional costs or for any loss charged to you to amend your independent travel arrangements, including flights booked separately, due to the alteration to, or cancellation of, your accommodation or transfer by the supplier.
8. Force Majeure :Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking terms and conditions we will not be liable or pay you compensation if our contractual obligations to you are affected by any event which we or the supplier(s) of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. These events can include, but are not limited to war, threat of war, civil strife, terrorist activity and its consequences or the threat of such activity, riot, the act of any government or other national or local authority including port or river authorities, industrial dispute, lock closure, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, chemical or biological disaster and adverse weather, sea, ice and river conditions, standing or foundering of the vessel or breakdown or failure of or damage to the vessel or its hull or machinery or fittings howsoever and whosesoever any or the same may arise or be caused, requisitioning of the vessel, inability to secure or failure or supplies including fuel, and all similar events outside our or the supplier(s) concerned control. Advice from the United Kingdom Foreign & Commonwealth Office to avoid travel to or to leave a particular country may constitute Force Majeure. We will follow the advice given by the United Kingdom Foreign & Commonwealth Office.
9. Travel Insurance : It is a condition of your contract with us that you and all members of your party have insurance cover for the duration of your trip and it is advisable that insurance is purchased at the time of booking to protect you against the possible loss of monies due to unforeseen cancellation. All policies should include full medical cover specific to the individual needs of each member of your party and the type of activities you and your party will be undertaking as part of your trip. We would be pleased to offer you an insurance policy but if you choose to arrange your own insurance, please ensure that it provides adequate and suitable cover. We do not check individual insurance policies however we reserve the right to request written details (insurer’s name, policy number and emergency contact number) of your policy. You will be responsible for indemnifying us in full against any losses, damages, expenses, costs and all liabilities including any direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal and other reasonable professional costs and expense suffered or incurred by us arising out of: (a) your (you and all members of your party) failure to take out appropriate insurance (b) your (you and all members of your party) insurance cover being deemed to be invalid and or inadequate (c) any claim made against us by a third party for death, personal injury or damage to property arising out of or in connection with the above which is attributable to the acts or omissions of you and your party.
10. Changes by You : If you wish to change any part of your accommodation and transfer arrangements after our confirmation invoice has been issued, you must inform us in writing or by email as soon as possible. This should be done by the person who made the booking. Whilst we will do our best to assist and liaise with the relevant supplier, we cannot guarantee that the supplier will be able to meet your requested change. If the supplier is able to make the change, in addition to potential charges from the supplier, subject to their terms & conditions, an Elite Travel destination administration charge of £25 per booking will also apply. Where we are unable to assist you and you do not wish to proceed with the original booking, we will treat this as a cancellation by you and cancellation fees will be payable as set out in Section 11 Cancellation by You.
11. Cancellation by You: If you or any other member of your party wishes to cancel your confirmed booking the person who made the booking must notify us in writing (we recommend Special Delivery to ensure that your cancellation notice reaches us in good time) or by email as soon as possible. Your notice of cancellation will only take effect on the day it is received, and cancellation charges will be applied from this date. Please note that insurance premiums and amendment charges are not refundable in the event of cancellation. We recommend that you take out appropriate travel insurance to cover such charges as you may be able to claim back the cancellation fees if the reason for cancellation is covered by your insurance policy.
12. Curtailment: If you cut short your travel arrangements and return home early in circumstances where you have no reasonable cause for complaint, we are unable to offer you a refund for the portion of the arrangements not used, or assist with any associated costs you may incur. Should you experience difficulties whilst on your trip, it is your responsibility to act to mitigate any possible loss, Elite Travel Destinations should be notified of any problems and given the opportunity to resolve any issues on your behalf and before any decision is made to curtail. Depending on the circumstances, your travel insurance may cover for curtailment i.e. illness and we suggest that any claim is made directly with your insurer.
13. Special Requests :Special requests such as (but not limited to) high floor, adjacent rooms, specific room number, late check-out etc. must be advised to us at the time of booking but cannot be guaranteed. Whilst every effort will be made by us to accommodate your requests and passed to the relevant supplier, we cannot guarantee that they will be fulfilled. Failure to meet a special request will not be a breach of contract on our part. We regret that we cannot accept any conditional bookings (i.e. any booking which is specified to be conditional on the fulfilment of a special request). For specific requirements, please refer to clause 14.
14. Medical Conditions and Specific Requirements : We are not a specialist disabled holiday company, but we will do our utmost to cater for any special requirements you may have. If you or any member of your party has any medical condition or disability which may necessitate additional assistance or service from our suppliers, please provide us with full details as soon as possible before you confirm your booking so that we can discuss the suitability of your chosen arrangements.